Cherax Park Mary Valley
Large scale production of redclaw crayfish for domestic and export markets with zero discharge into the surrounding environment.
- Advancement of large earthen pond design to facilitate large scale production of redclaw crayfish.
- The implementation of bio-remediation systems to process aquaculture waste and to ensure zero discharge into surrounding environment of redclaw crayfish production ponds.
- The required food profiles and feeding techniques to increase production of redclaw crayfish.
- The development of best practice purging and transport protocols.
- The production of female only offspring initially with the intent of producing male only offspring as a goal.
- The correct design and number of soft and hard habitats required in the pond culture of redclaw crayfish.
- Intensify juvenile production of redclaw crayfish.